amusing amusements

amusing amusements

31 August, 2008

What fun!




Today our baby Madeline became infant Madeline. She had her first feeding of rice cereal and had a ball. Her feet were kicking, arms were extended for more, and her tongue surveyed the spoon from all sides. We're certain that at least 2 percent was swallowed, but couldn't vouch for the other 98! I'm hoping to make her food and would love to hear tips from you!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I made most of my kids first foods. I had a book called Mommy Made (and Daddy Too). It told you when you could start certin foods and how to make them. I would steam fruits and veggies - use the baby food grinder, then put them the food in ice cube trays and freeze them. Pull them out one at a time to use. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE MICROWAVE to defrost - heating them takes away there food value. Take them out and let them defrost in bowl and feed them to her at the next meal. I would spend an afternoon making different stuff and then it was done for a week or so.
Good luck she is going to love it.

Anonymous said...

I just want to know how you got her to sit so perfectly on the edge of that table. ;)

Allyson said...

The first picture is my favorite. I expect to help out with some of that feeding soon!