Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
yummy Rosemary Bread!
Thanks to my friend Aimee for this recipe, you are right, it was soooo easy:
Rosemary Bread
(makes 2 happily rustic loaves)
1 packet dry yeast (2 1/2 tsp)
2 cups warm water
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
4 cups flour
1-2 tsp. fresh Rosemary (plus some to top loaves)
Dissolve yeast in the warm water and sugar. Add flour, salt, and rosemary and stir until blended. Do not knead. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
Pour a little olive oil onto your hands and separate dough into two. Round the dough as best you can, and place the bread onto a baking sheet with a Silpat or one coated with oil and topped with cornmeal. Cover again with a towel or plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise for another hour.
Brush each round with melted butter and sprinkle with Kosher salt and more rosemary. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, and then reduce to 375 and bake for 15 more minutes.
I couldn't let mine cool off at all before I broke into it!! I even had rosemary olive oil ready for dipping, but didn't need it.
3 comments:
Hey, how did you change your background to that fancy, smancy stuff? I had seen fun stuff on others' blogs, but I have no clue. That bread looks so good I could eat it right off your blog. Thanks for posting the recipe. MMMMMmmmmmmm! I'll need to try it.
no problem, just go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and waste an hour trying to decide! The actual upload only takes a minute! :)
Yum Yum!!!
Post a Comment