amusing amusements

amusing amusements

13 January, 2009

The Mommy and me Three Part Breath

In yoga, there is something called the three part breath. You breathe into your stomach, rib cage, and up into your chest. Well, my little monkey started something called the three part scream. You open your mouth, turn red, and then scream until the dog runs away. (There is usually a delay between turning red and screaming, but it's not long enough to get it on tape for posterity.) She absolutely refused to take a nap yesterday. I went with a friend to walk at the mall and she will usually fall asleep in the stroller, but no luck. I put her down for her morning nap when we got home, no luck , and thought I would just put her down a little earlier for her afternoon nap. After an hour of going in to quiet down cries, only to have them start back up again, I finally picked her up, nursed her, sat and read books for another 20 minutes, and put her back down again. This time she went into the crib happily. Notice I didn't say to sleep. She just chatted to herself for the next hour. So grand nap total was 0 for yesterday.

I went for a growth check and 2nd flu shot for Maddie today. Not much growth to speak of; only 3 ounces. It's pretty frustrating. The new doctor isn't overly concerned, but I'm pretty tired of the scale defeat. She said to just continue what I'm doing and we would look again at her year checkup- which is about 6 weeks away. Breathe into the belly, rib cage, and chest.

4 comments:

robyn said...

Hang in there!!! Motherhood is all about the ups and downs. Missed seeing you guys Saturday.

DM said...

Isn't it always the time when you NEED naptime (for cooking, cleanup, or just a breath) that the little squirts decide that they don't want to participate?

Aimee D said...

in, out, up, in, out, up and then throw your legs up and over and pretend you are a pretzel...and give up the scale fight. She is, who she is ,and she is happy, content, sweet and adorable. Who cares if she is a tiny little thing...makes her all the more lovable and she is perfect!

Jane said...

Motherhood is not for sissies!!

Did they check her ears when you went in to get her weight checked? Or is she getting some teeth - both are sleep stopers.

Hang in there!