(Special thanks to our roving photojournalist, JB, for capturing these moments on film. His wife refused to get out from under the covers.)
So the grass is not completely covered, but it still is more white than we have seen in a long time.
This is where we started from yesterday afternoon.
I found out last night that Knox County schools were closed and instantly was transported back to my school age "yippees!". I had an activity planned for today, but it was understood that if Knox County was out, so were we. The best part was finding out the night before, knowing that you could sleep in. I guess for stay at home moms the thrill is somewhat lessened, obviously, but it still makes me want to just bake, and knit, and nest.
These pictures are also sweet to me because we are putting our house up for sale in the Spring. Jeff bought our house before we met, and he has lived here for 10 years, and me for eight. It is time. One common room in this house with a small child is about to make me nuts, but at the same time I am now intimately acquainted with each imperfection or improvement. The thought of recreating "home" in another house is daunting, particularly with a small one, but we are ready to move on.
I've been busy here, but not with anything earth shattering. Mom and I got together for an easy sewing project on Saturday. It was to be completed during munchkin's nap, but because this mom forgot a pacifier, it evolved into a drugstore road trip for a replacement, and two hours spent trying to calm a little girl who did not appreciate being laid down for a nap without one. At least Jeff had an afternoon to get some house projects done.
4 comments:
we are loving the snow here in NC too. I think I was as thrilled as the kids that it was a snow day.
yippee for your snow day...my man took one too! :)
I was so excited about the "snow day"--I guess we never get past some of those childhood ways. Made the bread and it was delicious!!!
Wow, this feels like a blizzard compared to what we've had in the last few years. Good thing I have plenty of meat, bread, mild, all-purpose flour, self-rising flour, wheat flour, 27 varieties of cereal bars, 8 kinds of cereal, 4 kinds of oatmeal (I could go on - you know what my pantry looks like), along with plenty of yummy things for the kiddo - none of which he will eat! So, are you eyeing a house, or still in the browsing stage?
Post a Comment