amusing amusements

amusing amusements

15 December, 2008

Day of Whine and Roses



Today I was putting away some of the baby-baby stuff. The Boppy seat that cradled Maddie almost constantly for the first 3 months, the swing which allowed me to cook dinner, and all of the bitty little clothes. Maddie was unwilling to take a nap this afternoon and she whined for at least a half hour straight. I felt like chiming in.

Hooray for Jeff saving the day. Our 8th anniversary is tomorrow and I had just been thinking this morning how nice it would be to have flowers as a surprise ( I did not mention this to him). Jeff often brought me flowers from this very yard when we dated, but rarely do I receive them since being married. I guess it's because I do the budget and flowers seem frivolous and expensive. But every once in a while, it's just right.

3 comments:

DM said...

You go Jeff! I agree - too much $$ and unnecessary - until you are surprised with them at just the right time. Kudos to your hubby. Hope ya'll have a great anniversary!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! What a great end to your tumultuous day!

Hope you both have a splendid day...happy anniversary!

Jane said...

Go Jeff!!!
My anniversy is the 21st. Could Jeff tell Chap how to send flowers - that seems to be a lost skill on my sweet husband.