Our litte Henry head had a seizure yesterday. It absolutely scared me to death. The crazy thing is that if I hadn't seen it, I would have never known a difference in him. He got up from his bed and his backlegs weren't quite underneath him, and I wondered do dogs have their legs fall asleep like people do? Then his front legs went out and I opened the door to the garage and he began to roll around on the garage floor with a horrible glassy eyed look. The seizure lasted a few minutes and then he was completely himself again. I didn't know what to do, so I called Jeff. He came and took Henry to the vet, and UT's College of Vet Meds has his bloodwork. The vet said that lots of dogs probably have seizures, but no one is there to witness them. Basically, there isn't anything you can do, but just make it safe for them and not to panic. We hope to get his test results today and in the meantime he is getting a lot of extra attention from the girls in the house. (these pictures were taken before the seizure and don't worry, she is closely supervised)
All I know is one little bitty girl would be devastated if anything happened to her little Henry.
3 comments:
i'm sure one not so bitty girl would be devastated too!
here's hoping to bloodwork comes back normal!
she's getting SO BIG!!!! wow.
Riley and Kirby send their well wishes. Kirby says they can talk bloodwork next time they get together.
From the rest of the Morins: Keep us posted. Hopefully it's just a one time thing. Did you hold Henry's tongue??? Interesting about all the dogs having seizures. That must be what happens to Riley when she goes willy nilly around the backyard.
Uh, I'm also a not so bitty girl who would lose her mind as well. I teared up when you simply told me what happened!
Post a Comment