amusing amusements

amusing amusements

02 October, 2008

Extension # 1

After beginning to worry that our paperwork had been lost in a sea of immigration fingerprints, we received our letter that our petition to adopt has been extended. One of the pieces of paperwork for international adoption includes an I-600A which is simply an acknowledgement, a summary paper if you will, that we will be fit parents. Ours expired in July and we were scrambling to get it updated to qualify for what we thought would be a six month extension at no cost. Imagine my disbelief (and I use that word in all of it's meaning) to find we had been extended until March of 2010.

Okay, I'm sure you are reading this and wondering, what is she talking about? Who cares? When does the baby get here? The simple answer is we don't know and it's not soon. I had originally hoped that we would go to China in the Spring, but there is simply no chance of that. It is very likely that we will have to file for another extension past March 2010, and it will involve updating our home study, re-fingerprinting, and parental training. We really are okay with all of this and know that our family will be knitted together in just the right time and with just the perfect wee ones for us. But, in the meantime, does anyone know how to get red ink off of fingers??

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am sorry it is taking so long. You are right - God is working on your family and your baby from CHina isn't ready yet. We are still praying and waiting with you.