amusing amusements

amusing amusements

24 May, 2010

Kitchen in transition


Our dining room first served us as a master bedroom, and now an interim kitchen.


Here's the cooking station- complete with toaster oven, microwave, and a griddle for when I get really adventurous for pancakes and eggs.



Tada! The dining room as appliance warehouse. We bought these appliances as floor models and they have been sitting here for months. I'm excited to have my gas range and oven back in one unit together. The bottom drawer is actually a lower oven, with a depth for a casserole or cookie sheet. The warming drawer was intriguing but didn't make sense for the way that we lived. I didn't realize that it actually is humidity controlled, meaning that if you put a dish in there to keep warm, it wouldn't change in taste or texture for up to 8 hours. I thought the lower oven might get used more over the long haul. The double ovens that I took out were only used once in 9 months of living here, but I could see the usefulness in having the option. The thing I'm most excited about is the 5th burner/grill on top. Fajitas anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and what a lovely "kitchen" to have lunch in :)