Yesterday, Jeff and I celebrated twelve years of marriage. Whoa and seriously and unbelievable and happy. Yep. So we celebrated with a week's worth of events. A week ago we puttered on down to the Bijou and saw KebMo in concert; marveling that we were actually "out on the town" at a time when we are typically in pjs. (and at times wishing we were home in pjs) Tuesday we finally got our act together and signed our will. How very grown up and mortal. Mack trucks please stay away. We took advantage of a babysitting time at our church on Saturday and poked through Downtown Knoxville's Christmas festivities, eating crepes, drinking wonderfully warm tea, meandering through a independent bookstore. We even dropped in to a new local store, Fig & Company, and had the most wonderful time visiting with the owners. Locals, you must check it out.
And, after 7 days of intense viewing, Jeff finally caught up on my new must see "Downton Abbey". Our sweet art theatre partnered up with our local PBS and hosted a free sneak preview of Season 3. Although just the first of the two hours.... bummer. I sat behind Lady Mary- she really was dressed up like our favorite main character, love her or hate her. One of the best parts was this video that PBS put together to get you "caught up" on the first two seasons. A great spoof at their own expense, I must say. Check out the full opener on January 6! Maggie Smith's award winning role ALONE is worth it. Well, that and the costumes.... and the set... and the writing...
3 comments:
First of all, congratulations on your anniversary! And second, it must be a small world because we were at the Keb Mo concert last week, too. I've been a fan for a long time but I had never seen him in concert before. I really enjoyed it, and I think maybe Joy, who was not a fan, likes him a little more now than she did before.
Thanks Brad! This was actually our second time to see him in concert and KebMo does not disappoint! We saw him early in our marriage at Appalachian State University and if you can believe it, his stage only included a folding chair and mike. When he sat down, I SWEAR his knees were up to his ears!
I have no idea who KebMo is, but do wish you a very very happy anniversary!
While you always remember my chick's bday because of your special day...it causes me to always forget yours!
and bring on the Downton!!!!
Post a Comment