amusing amusements

amusing amusements

27 December, 2012

Some Assembly Required

I didn't realize it until today, but this Christmas has been very hands on.  


Hot little hands on the bowl of the mixer- a quickie way to bring that butter to room temperature!

 Some vigorous sprinkle shaking
 Thumbprint cookies
truly simple, I swear!
This recipe uses whole wheat flour, ground almonds, and maple syrup for sweetener.  
A good way to satiate your sweet tooth and forgiving for little hands to mix together. 
Christmas cooking with Grandmary

this one is a new found winner b/c you don't have to refrigerate the dough-HOORAY!
Roll out cookies always intimidated me before these came along.  

Red....

 GREEN!!!



more zealous sugar shaking...

Puzzle making- all hands on deck

Matching pj's thwarted by holiday potty training....

And yes, Madeline received her first Lego kit.  This is the Lego Friends line that has received some flack for taking a "gender neutral" toy and girlifying it.  Uh, huh.  Somehow the Star Wars sets escaped notice. Princess Leia lives here. 

2 comments:

Jane said...

Merry christmas. I love the girls Legos

kristen vasgaard said...

The girls are so pretty! And I had pink and purple legos, and I think I turned out ok ;-)