amusing amusements

amusing amusements

18 May, 2011

Oh, How I love our preschool!

Madeline's sweet little classmates on their last day together... She is the oldest over a six month span in this classroom, and next year she will move up to the class where she will be the youngest over a six month span. The director, teachers, and I are all confident that she will hold her own!


Her precious teachers, Ms. Brenda (holding Sara) and Ms. Lee Ann (holding Madeline) .
Hopefully, Sara will have the privilege of being their student the year after next.


As I wrote their end of year thank yous, I thought about how much change we experienced this past school year.

At the beginning of the year, I was very pregnant and worried over how
Madeline would take to a new sibling. I wanted her to enjoy preschool as a special place for "big girls", and I had no idea how much she would love it. She flourished! At two and a half, she was hardly talking at the start of the year, and now she is a chatty, confident, potty trained little girl. She never once cried when I left her.


The girl who is slow to warm up and wary of new faces gave exuberant bear hugs to Ms. Brenda, laughed hystericaly as Ms. Lee Ann played tickle monster and claimed her spot on her teacher's hip.





I'm looking forward to summer with both girls; we can create our own routine and not worry about busting out the door two days a week. I have plans to cook with Madeline a couple days a week, some simple art projects and her first chore chart with rewards.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions this week as I think about my role as mother and the phase of life we're in. I have had the priviledge over the past 3 or 4 days to visit with parent in all stages of parenthood; from 4- 7 year olds, to high school graduates, to college graduates with a month to go before marriage. It's been a great reminder to me of how fleeting these years are and to not let myself get distracted from my primary role as a mother. Here's to a summer of smelling the roses and not getting stressed about picking them all at once!

1 comment:

Michelle Lewis said...

This post was so lovely! I think that you are a great mother and I know the girls will appreciate all of the time you have spent with them and the special things you do. What great childhood memories!