All appliances working and in place.... (except the gas guys need to come back out and move the gas line exactly 1/2 of an inch so that it will be completely against the wall)
Beadboard in place. Jeff likes the natural. I think it looks country. Our current compromise is to paint it an actual color, rather than white, but that's what I love about a paintable backsplash! Whenever I get bored, I'm off for a quart of paint and some color therapy.
The beadboard underneath the island will stay white though. Jeff spent a good part of this weekend putting up all the knobs. Could that be a more obnoxious project? Is 3 inches or 4 inches down better? We chose knobs for the upper cabinets and handles for the lower ones. I should have gotten a better picture of them for the post, but I'm trying to stay out of my contractor's way. We'll have to do a detail post once this is past. So what's left? Building out the pantry and a petite punch list for the contractor, and a lot of sewing and painting for us. We have a carpenter who is going to build a window seat for us and a bartop looking into the family room. I'm not fully cooking in here yet, all of my stuff doesn't yet have a home, or isn't clean, but I can attest to the fabulousness of a kitchen sink with a disposal and the magic of scrambled eggs. God bless my daughter who thought she had hit the jackpot today with a lunch of apples and peanut butter.
2 comments:
Love, love, love it!!! Can't wait to see it in person and my goodness how much more functional that it was!
It looks AMAZING!
Post a Comment