amusing amusements

amusing amusements

03 June, 2010

It's Progress....

....just not the terribly exciting kind.

Our half wall is completely removed, and I am thrilled with the openness that it grants between the rooms. Or at least what I can imagine from the ET wall boundary.



Mostly this week has been taken up with drywall, mud, and spackle. I'm told that next step is to install cabinets! Oh, happy day.



The lighting and electrical has been the other big project. We've got 6 new can lights and wiring for undercabinet lighting. The overhead light, can lights, and undercabinet lighting all have their own switch. Don't worry, the boob lamp is on it's way out. I'm still shopping for the new one.

Three weeks into being without a kitchen and it's not been too bad. Many of our friends have been kind enough to take us into their homes for dinners and simple sandwich lunches. I am so grateful! I'm glad that it's been warm enough outside to play and get away from the thump, crash, boom of construction. We are doing our dishes in a plastic tote in the guest bath tub and Jeff and I have been surprised at how just those 15 minutes of an old-fashioned chore give us to really talk to one another. He's been good to cook lots of extra chicken in the smoker, so that I can throw together some quick assembly style meals. Last night, I made chicken salad with toasted walnuts. Okay, I actually put the chicken salad on bread with Monterey Jack cheese and had a melt, but MMMMMMMM! it was good. Thanks be to God for a toaster oven.

No comments: