
Associated Press
I was so looking forward to this game. Jeff and I both talked about how much fun it was going to be to watch. If you're not a basketball fan, this would be the game to get you hooked. The final score was 61-59, and the biggest lead was only 6 points. Butler's Heyward threw up a half court shot at the final buzzer that many players thought was going in, only to bounce off the rim. Both teams, Butler and Duke, were coached by men who carry themselves with such poise and character. Mike Kryzewski has been coaching Duke for decades now, and Brad Stevens of Butler is only 34. They both exemplify the greatest part of sports vernacular; coach. Butler players, being only 6 miles away from their campus, went to class the morning of the big game. Amazing! Imagine a coach who reminds his players what their whole purpose of college is.... to get an education. Although I wanted my Blue Devils to win, I can honestly say that had they lost to Butler, I would have cheered with the rest of the country for Butler's success. These are all amazing young men, and I can't imagine a better team to come in 2nd place.
But, Duke did win..... and so did I! Jeff and I fill out brackets every year, and for the first time ever, the winner of the Beckett Bracket Brawl would be decided on the final game. Of course I picked Duke!! And the prize? $100 to a house project of your choosing. I am putting my money into plants, trees, and blueberries. Did you know there is a variety of blueberry bush called Duke? Seems only fitting.
5 comments:
only you would plant a "duke" bush in your yard ;)
I love you - I don't love Duke or Puke as one of my friends calls it. Tell Jeff I am sorry he lost.
Oh Jane, you've become a true North Carolinain- believing that faded blue is okay....
I'll pass your condolences on to Jeff, just as soon as his Memphis Tigers win a tournament.
oh I don't think faded blue is okay either - our blood still runs orange very orange!
we don't like dark blue, pale blue or what ever color Wake is either.
Okay, we can remain friends!
Post a Comment