amusing amusements

amusing amusements

11 January, 2010

A very merry unbirthday to you....


This little hat was supposed to be a gift for another "Divine Miss M" in December, but due to an ongoing bout of vertigo for this knitter, only was finished last week. Luckily it made it to it's new mistress before the storm, but only before the this "Divine Miss M" did some quality control.
It was definitely a case of a happy mistake, because the hat is much bigger than what I had intended. I'm not very good- well..... patient! at knitting a swatch to check for gauge. The idea behind this is that you knit a little 2 inch square to see if your needles are too big or small. I want to start knitting like yesterday- and so I tend to launch into a project with both willy and nilly at my side. It really hasn't mattered that much as I've kept my skill level at baby blanket or scarf, rectangles only please!! But, I've been trying to push myself further up the knitting ladder with hats. So, (I say this happily), this hat will fit an adult or work as a simple bucket hat for a wee one. I love it when things do double duty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love the hat and so does ms. m! she thinks it's just perfect!

and that picture of your chick with the devilish little one eyed grin...looks like she's getting ready to grab hold of henry's stroller of doom :)

DM said...

So cute!