Whilst jammin' out to some vintage Billy Joel..
"Tell her about it" and
"Uptown Girl" being particular favorites...
we take this break to bake!
Banana Walnut Muffins (modified from Prevention Magazine- b/c Hey! I like real butter and eggs)
1 1/2 c. AP Flour
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2-3 mashed bananas
1 egg
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. buttermilk
3 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c. chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 350 and spray a 12 cup muffin pan. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt in bowl. Mix banana, egg, butter, buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract in large bowl until smooth. Add to flour mixture and stir until blended. Add walnuts and mix. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
This is an awesome recipe for the following reasons:
- Great for using up overripe bananas - I'm over banana bread!
- Freezes beautifully!
- Travels great!
- Gives your kid the chance to mash something with their fingers for the right reasons! (don't ask for the pics of this, but trust me - they will love it)
- Has fabulous little ribbons of brown sugar that will make you think you are eating something bad for you
-Yea! Walnuts!
In other news this week, we have gone cold turkey on the pacifier. I spent most of yesterday's nap dealing with a toddler who would prefer not to a big girl and have her "ba" back, thank you very much, no sleep to be had for this weary little girl. But, she crashed last night (much to my chagrin, as I was out at yoga, and wanted Jeff to emphathize with my stress level) and as we type now, is happily asleep without her ba. She still fought going to sleep today, but sans screams, and I am much encouraged!
2 comments:
I made some of those tonight! :) great minds think alike (and share recipes)
love the dancin' and so happy that day two was a little smoother!
I will have to give the muffins a try. I am over banana bread also. Yeah about the pacy!!!
Hope you all get to enjoy some sun this weekend--we are hoping for that.
Post a Comment