I have received the start of this sentence a lot recently when people ask about how our Chinese adoption is going. The conversation goes something like this:
Well-meaning and kind friend: "Tell me about your China adoption."
Me: " I have no idea, it's still just in process. Currently they are matching people with log in dates (the point where you begin your "official wait", think of it as the number you draw when waiting at a service counter) of March '06 and we are logged in April '07. It's taken the government of China the entire calendar year of 2009 to get through log ins of March '06."
Friend: "Wow, so it could be years. Aren't you glad you have Madeline!"
Me: "Yes, I am."
Friend: "I guess you're learning a lot about patience, huh?"
Me: "Call me Israel." (okay, I've only thought that last part, and have managed to keep the comment in my head and not out my mouth)
The truth of the matter is; we are missing part of our family. All the sweet times that I have with Miss Madeline only remind me of what I am not able to share with our Baby China. I'm doubly frustrated thinking of all the families ahead of me, ready, waiting, and "approved" by China, who are waiting to scoop up babies who are living in orphanages right now!
I am comforted this week by a verse we were encouraged to memorize this week:
"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup, you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines for me have fallen in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6
Please pray for the speedy arrival of all of these sweet children to their forever families.
4 comments:
i am praying not only for all the little children waiting but for your little person. Who ever he or she might be.
on a side note I laughed out loud when you said "Call me Israel" you should say that one time. just to see what they say
praying for your family.
Thankful for your heart! Thankful for your inheritance and thankful for this little one who also has an inheritance! Praying your family and many other families will be together soon!!!
That scripture has been my anchor this year. Not surprisingly, I teared up reading this entry, but I believe in God's goodness and provision and timing. What I'm really thankful is that Baby China will come, and we will celebrate. And I join you in praying for those children. Thanks for sharing that, Ash.
ok, so bad to admit this, but its been a while since Ive checked your blog. so here are my few, but not necessary comments.
Say it, tell them to call Israel.
I think its great, I am sure Im one of those people, and for that I am sorry.
I know Maddie is a blessing, and I for sure you all know that as well. But I totally understand about your family not being complete. A child longed for.
Stay strong in your verse.
onward.
love the yarn, oh to know how to knit.
but mostly, the bathroom. POST! POST! POST! your progress. the tiles looked beautiful, and in fact I think i know your rectangle tile, i just helped a neighbor pick it out for his bathroom!
Its FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment