amusing amusements

amusing amusements

12 October, 2009

An apple a day and yummy yarn

Some goodies from the apple orchard. I got a little over 2 bushels of apples to make into applesauce and a few pies. It's going to be a little sticky around here for a few weeks. I don't typically eat a fresh apple, but will eat applesauce happily anytime. I hear it's the new cure for swine flu....

A trip to my favorite knitting shop in Maryville yielded some beautiful results, the best one being this undyed alpaca yarn. I probably spent a good five minutes just stroking this yarn against my face. The sweet shop owner says she does the same everytime a new shipment comes in.



a new winter hat for Maddie....




discount bin happiness!









We had one of those weekends that just fell apart. Although the apple orchard was supposed to be a fun family outing, it rained and Maddie got sick on the way home. She was sick most of yesterday, and would throw up and then go back to playing. Weird. I spent most of the day doing laundry, including my favorite: hand washing the car seat cover in the bathtub.
I went a little nuts at the yarn shop because each of these little orbs of possibilities best represent blocks of time that is all my own. Time where something completely unique and loved is produced. The finished product is then a time capsule of my escaping and somehow producing something beautiful in the midst of chaos. Ah to knit!

No comments: