This week has brought it's adrenaline rushes that's for sure! We had a low offer on our house Tuesday night (like ten pm) and we countered back Wednesday evening. It was a young couple expecting their first baby in August. They wanted us to close on June 30. Once they received our counter they refused it saying that they had given us their best offer and could do no more. Our counter was fair, and even dipped below the house across the street that sold a few weeks ago, but oh well. We feel good about the decision concretely, but emotionally it's hard.
However, it did motivate us to start looking at houses again. I have learned that I prefer to look when not under pressure and feeling like I have to make an offer right away. I'm more objective and clear headed. Aren't we all? We looked at 5 houses over the past 24 hours and to be honest, I AM APPALLED at how some people live and how they belive they can show a house. One house reeked so badly of pee I could not breathe. The other had filthy showers and dirty underwear on the floor. It's not like we called at the last minute, we made the appointments two days in advance. Oh well, hopefully ours being well kept will bring in another offer.
Madeline had her first sleepover away from her parents Friday night. She stayed at her Grandmary's, had a ball, and is still sleeping soundly away at her afternoon nap. Hooray. For Jeff and I, we went to dinner at Calhoun's on the river (shout out to the Temples), looked at houses, and generally moved slowly. It was so restful to not worry about someone climbing up the pantry shelves or keeping up with the ticking time clock between naps. Ugh... speaking of which....
4 comments:
yeah for you!! so happy you had a great night out...even with yucky houses. guess I better go pick up all the dirty underwear on the floor :)
Sorry it didn't work out on the sale of your house - hang in there and Yahoo for sleep overs at grandparents - I am leaving my at Camp Nana and Grampa's next week. Got to love when they are big and can stay for over a week!
cracking up at the dirty underwear on the floor. i would like to think it was a little child's and the parents had no idea, and would also be appalled, but for some reason it didn't quite read that way to me. still funny though.
I hope that you guys recieve an offer soon. You have a great house and I know that someone will recognize that like I have!
Post a Comment