amusing amusements

amusing amusements

16 June, 2009

Signed, Sealed...

...and closing soon!

We accepted an offer on our house that came in over the weekend and signed the contract last night. Our inspection is this Thursday, so we are still holding our breath, but things look good.
My first question was, "When do we get to stop showing the house????" As long as the inspection goes well, it should be next week. Our closing is set for July 17th. Now we just have to settle on a house.

We've found a house that we like a few months ago, and are going to see it again this Wednesday with a contractor. The kitchen has a wall that separates it from the family room and I want to make sure that it can be removed fairly easily. My current kitchen is the ever efficient galley, but this go around I want to be able to entertain while I cook. I think it's safe to say it's my first choice, but we are trying to figure out if it's okay to buy one of the first houses you have seen or should you keep looking. Jeff says this is my OCD kicking in and he is right. I want to see what else is out there to confirm my decision.

I have been praying for months that the people who bought our house would see it as a blessing and be just delighted with it. It seems that my prayers have been answered as their realtor says that they are simply thrilled and can't wait to move in. Thank you all for your prayers on our behalf.

5 comments:

Aimee D said...

WWWWHHHHOOOOOPPPPEEEEEEEE!

Too bad we'll be at the beach when you close ;)

notes of em said...

Congrats! That is so exciting, Ill be praying for all the rest of the paper work to go smoothly.
If youre up for Forest Brook we'd love to have you, we can even sell you our house;)

robyn said...

Yippee!!! Just let us know when you need help boxing up and moving.
Congrats!! Hope it all goes smoothly.
Great to hang out with you Saturday night:)

DM said...

That is awesome! I can't believe you don't want to continue showing the house. It sounded like so much fun. It is kinda freaky to really like one of the first houses you see. We did the same, and I just kept wondering if it was because I was just so excited to be house shopping that I jumped right one it. I'll pray that ya'll find peace with your decision. Call us whenever you need us for packing, lifting, watching the Divine Miss M., etc.

Jane said...

Yahooo - so happy it sold!