amusing amusements

amusing amusements

28 July, 2008

Hooray for Hats


For some time now, I have been telling myself that I need someone to teach me how to knit hats. Last night I decided to just try already! The first attempt had me ripping out all my stitches, but upon re-reading the instructions I am on my way. Actually, I'm feeling kind of silly because it is pretty easy and quick. Then there is this little matter of gauge which is making me wonder if I have enough yarn. I'm not confident, but the divine Miss M will have her hat ---- providing the temperature drops to something resembling winter this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing but sweet :) now my divine ms m needs one too :)

Jane said...

Good luck with that. If it ever got cold here I might think about a hat - but as it my divine ms M will just be wearing head bands on her head.

Allyson said...

I like your writer's voice.

--Your sister the English teacher who also needs to knit Miss M a hat