amusing amusements

amusing amusements

31 December, 2013

End of year

Hi folks, yes, you three.....thanks to the wonder of e-subscriptions...

I thought I'd update those of you in blog land on what has happened, oh, since September....

Appointments, appointments, appointments... Simon has had weekly teaching appointments, alongside of some PT, Speech therapy, and a quickie surgery to make him "special" biblically.  Madeline is loving kindergarten and Sara has her first BFF and hallelujah!  the feeling is mutual.


We've nicknamed the girls the "puppies", they are always curled up together.  


Sweet Henry, our original puppy, is dealing with what we think is a second round of skin cancer. You find these things out when you have a vet for a friend.  I've preferred to pretend everything is okay, but we've had him for 10 years now, and such is life. He has been AMAZING with all of our kids and I love him dearly. 

Our fall break weekend consisted of a amazing stay in Flat Rock, NC at the foot of this unbelievable apple orchard.  We downed 3 dozen apple cider doughnuts and felt no guilt.  Madeline thought this sign was the coolest and insisted on having a photo op. 
Talley ho!  


My sweet, like-minded, "tornado in the kitchen" aunt spent a solid 10 hours in the kitchen with me to process about 3 bushels of apples into sauce.  We ended up with 24 quart jars that I am unashamedly rationing.  I love my stainless steel countertops.  

Madeline lost her first tooth at school- "a lot of blood, mama, a lot of blood" 

Halloween- Nancy Drew, Dorothy, and the Bee
All of my kids have been the bee, generations of friends before us have been the bee, and now the bee has been passed down the line to new friends. Simon did not like the bee. 

Elves in the kitchen, clearly having too much fun.  Holly Jolly, get to work slackers! 

The men in my life; oh, they make me swoon.  


The girls wanted to be burritos and I used Simon as a very effective toothpick.  No real bites were taken.  

So there you have it, our last quarter in pictures, and I hope to blog more regularly in the new year.  I have aspirations of doing at least a monthly family update, and to share a few of my putterings around the house, books worth reading, and tips worth sharing.  Hold me accountable, okay? 




No comments: