WE HAVE A SON! WE ARE MATCHED! HE IS ADORABLE! WE ARE COMING!
I was shocked to find out how much paperwork has to be shuttled around upon receiving a match. A little frustrated too. I wanted to spend my time buying polos, khakis, and all things blue. I wanted to start packing. I wanted to flaunt his picture to anyone who would glance my direction. Instead, I spent time at FedEx, my e-mail screen, multiple notaries, and the copy machine. I am grateful, do not misunderstand, but I wasn't prepared. I would move like fire through paperwork, turning it around within a week, take a breath, and find more the day after I sent it off. One week I went down with strep- yes strep! And the following week, the rest of my family comes down with the stomach bug, one - two -three! We are in a bit of a holding pattern right now as we await the next batch of paperwork to come through, so I am busy doing anything else I can- buying gifts for the officials and orphanage workers, and prepping the house for our families to come and care for the girls in our absence.
But back to little handsome. Our fella is just over a year old, crazy cute, and in foster care! In fact, we are now sponsoring him- but more on that in another post. He has a special need- a left ear that is "closed" as my pragmatic husband calls it- so, no hearing on that side, but perfect hearing on the other. To me, it looks like a flower that hasn't unfurled it's petals. We anticipate traveling to get him in May. I am desperate to scoop him up.
So, this post is not perfect, not at all what I imagined, but I am at long last finally typing the words that we are going to China!
.jpg)
3 comments:
No words...except a big yahoo!!
Soooo soooo thrilled! He is perfect!
I've been waiting for this post!!! The paperwork never ends, does it? But so worth the end result. How quickly we forget the trauma of the paperwork (tho after 3-4, I think I am permanently affected and may never forget). So excited for ya'll and for him. May will be here VERY quickly and when you get your travel notice, the two or so wks of prep time will FLY. Oh my! Breathe now. Too much to say. Just happy happy happy for all.
Post a Comment