amusing amusements

amusing amusements

03 October, 2012

Two years, four stitches, and one gumball machine

This cutie on the left celebrated her 2nd birthday
with exactly four stiches in her lip/chin. Somehow she managed to fall while walking through the kitchen. Walking!  I was on the other side of the counterop when I heard the thud and cry. Jeff scooped her up, and thinks that she just tripped, held onto her dolls rather than stop her fall, and somehow managed to bite through her lip. Off to Children's, bloodstained shirt as proof of her desperate need to get into the walking wounded area.  During game day traffic.  Three hours after our entry, we walked out with popsicles and blue stiches.  She handled herself pretty well, but she was a pitiful sight with the numbing liquid inflating her entire mouth to 3 times it's normal size.  And she drooled like a Labrador at a peanut butter factory for a couple of days.
 
Luckily, the party was a petite affair.  Sara has an affinity for a hand me down shirt with a gumball machine, and so the theme was easy. 
 
I even found this tutorial for a DIY machine.  Take a terracotta flower pot, saucer, wood ball, glass bowl, and a doll pin stand- add a little paint, and

   
voila! I think I put about $3 into the project.  Those are M&Ms in the machine, and the actual gumballs on the cake were called "non edible" decorations. 

No comments: