amusing amusements

amusing amusements

16 May, 2012

End of School

Today was Madeline's last day of school as a young 4, and as I thought back over the year, one conversation with our director keeps coming back to me. 

(Keep in mind our director looks like one of the good fairies from Sleeping Beauty)

Director:  "She (Madeline) has such a sweet, soft voice and and such an angelic look to her."

Me: "Oh! Yes, well, ...thank you." (mind you, I know the truth)

Director:  "It totally belies the fact that she is stubborn."

(Me to myself:  Oh, She KNOWS)

Director: "If she doesn't want to do something, she simply is not going to do it.
She's just stubborn."

Me:  "Absolutely, no argument here.  She will put her foot down in cement
 and dare you to move it."

Mind you, I LOVE that the director of our school knows my daughter.  It means that she is involved and aware and not afraid to speak her mind.  I couldn't be happier with our little preschool. 

But, as a case in point, I thought I'd give you this illustration.  This is Madeline's chef cover photo for the annual cookbook; a tradition for these teachers. 


This is the photo that the teacher snapped after the chef gear was removed. 
 "I didn't want to wear that, Mommy. I wasn't happy." 
Girls!  On and off like a light switch.  Can't wait for adolescence. 

Here's Madeline's rendition of a recipe from my kitchen:

Translation:

Go to Kroger (free cookies in the bakery)

Weirdness:
  • we make our dough at home
  • we buy pepperoni approximatelly .2% of the time when Jeff begs
  • I don't think she has ever had a bagel. 

Recipe from her favorite classmate; note the time and temp.

Ms. Melissa and Ms. Jody;
the face in the middle you already know

2 comments:

Aimee D said...

makes me SO glad I only have one. mine gets in enough trouble when she's with your girl :)
Totally LOVE LOVE the before and after with the chef stuff. cracks.me.up.

kristen vasgaard said...

what a cute story! She is adorable ;-)