This year's new attempt: Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls!
(some cleanup required)
Mom came over for a baking day with the girls, and I thought with the extra hands it was worth a try. Madeline proved quite proficient at rolling out the dough. And, I must say, this is a very forgiving dough. She dug her fingers into it, we folded it in thirds and completely started over, and it still was as pliable as the beginning. If you like super sweet cinnamon rolls, and would like to give these out as gifts (they work out to about $2.75 a pan, the recipe yields seven), I highly recommend these. I made the dough the night before, we rolled it, baked it, and drizzled icing over it until it swam- as per instructions; and they came out perfectly. She has a variation on it for Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls that has Granny Smith apples for the interior filling, but I have to say that the one that I am most excited about trying is one my sister forwarded to me; Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls . Of course, Jeff sampled the originals and could not comprehend why I thought they were too sweet.
a little flour was had by all
Sara got to smear the butter into the dough
We also ate- um, ..... decorated, Red Velvet Mini-Cupcakes, recipe by the girls great-grandmother. Notice the smear of melted butter on the side of Sara's head from the cinnamon rolls.
What cupcake? Aren't they bite size?
"Yummy, my tummy's happy, Mom!"
3 comments:
Wonderful! Three generations of Happy Bakers. I love the pictures.
Yea! I knew you'd figure out these comments Polly! We have a spot at the counter for you!
FUN FUN love the pictures with your mom
Post a Comment