This past weekend we had my very favorite company party. It was aboard the Three Rivers Rambler and we chugged our way from downtown Knoxville to the Holston River. It was gorgeous and so much fun!! They had a TV set up in the front of the car for those who wanted to be amused by the TN/FLA game ( go figure), a dining car with BBQ catering and I SWEAR some of the best cupcakes I have ever had, several closed cars decorated with pumpkins, and the one where I spent all of my time; the open air car. Picture a double sided wooden bench, set in the middle of a car, with hip height sides to contain the kiddos, and nothing but crisp blue sky above.
As we passed through the scenery all I could think was "WHY would anyone decided to move on out to the West to settle? It is crazy beautiful out here!!!" As a pioneer, I would have thought that I had landed in milk and honey. (I have been reading a lot about pioneer woman recently, and to sum it up, I would have died in transit folks).
If you have yet to do this in Knoxville, make it a priority. The fall or spring would be ideal, and don't forget your camera (grrrrr.....)
1 comment:
Sounds like fun , I have never done that. Put it on my todo list sometime when I get home.
Post a Comment