amusing amusements

amusing amusements

25 December, 2010

Have yourself a merry little Christmas....

I wish that we sang this more often in the church year. I love this stanza in particular:

"It came upon a midnight clear"

O ye beneath life's crushing load,
Whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow;
Look now, for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing;
Oh rest beside the weary road
And hear the angels sing.



Jeff asked Madeline if she knew about knock knock jokes.

Jeff - "When I say "Knock Knock" you say "Who's there?"
Ready?

Jeff - "Knock Knock"

Madeline- "Santa Claus!"



I decided to make sticky buns in advance for Christmas Morning. I used this recipe from King Arthur Flour; you just prepare them up to the point of baking, and either freeze them or refrigerate them overnight. .... and I must say, it was wonderful to have the smell of cinnamon wafting through the air as we opened gifts.



Madeline calls them "Sticky bums"

Merry Christmas y'all!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

merry merry christmas! looks like you all had a great day! love those sticky buns, but not as much as those sweet girls :)

Erin said...

Your girls are so pretty! Hope you had a good Christams.