amusing amusements

amusing amusements

11 November, 2010

Knoxville's Veterans Day Parade
















I don't know what made me want to go to the parade this year. Maybe it was the great weather for November, maybe it was just something to take Madeline too, or just a chance to get out of the house for a few hours.


















I used to work downtown (pre-children) and I don't remember a turn out this good in years. Maybe it's because a lot of us have been reflecting on how blessed we really are.





Apparently, one of the veteran's benefits is a really good deal on a Corvette.



This week another East Tennessee soldier came home to rest after sacrificing his life for seven comrades to live. He was only 24 and had a seven month old baby at home. This baby will never know him the way that his wife, family, and friends were fortunate enough to experience and now remember.
I hope this parade becomes an annual event for our family. Because it is important to remember and honor those that make all these pictures possible. Thanks be to God for you all.





No comments: