amusing amusements

amusing amusements

05 December, 2009

Let the Baking Begin!



Lemon Curd Pound Cake

I've had the recipe for this cake since '04, but haven't had a good opportunity to try it out. It's not a particularly outstanding recipe, but the embellishments are a definite repeat for holiday seasons to come. I made the lemon curd and poured it over the top; and seriously, lemon curd is not hard to make, do not pay an arm and a leg for store bought. And then, I took rosemary and brushed on a some warm corn syrup and sprinkled it with plain sugar. It really does look like snow covered fir branches! For the cranberries, just make a simple syrup in a saucepan and stir in berries. Keep them in the saucepan until they begin to swell, and then remove onto wax paper and sprinkle with sugar. Add some lemon rind for a clue to the flavor, and voila'! Instant oohs and aahs.

2 comments:

notes of em said...

seriously, big time ooh's and ahhh's.

robyn said...

you are just too talented. the cake looks great!!! ooooooooohhhhhhhhh and aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh