amusing amusements

amusing amusements

04 November, 2009

A little laugh for your day

I got out of the shower this morning to find a very impatient dog sitting on the two top steps by the baby gate. Butt on one end, front paws on the other with a look that could best be interpreted as "if I don't go out now, it's YOUR fault". So off I go to let him out.

I return to put on my clothes, go to open the door to Mad's room and am greeted with the early morning aroma only a farmer could appreciate; POOP! As I approach, I realize it's not all contained. Mad has taken to recent exploration "down under" and has wiped the found contents all over her crib, bumper, sheets and clothes. As I pick her up, and she says, "Stinky", I realize this is a full bath rescue. I strip her clothes off, fling them into the 2 hour sanitary cycle of my washer, and run the water in the tub. As I bathe her, I formulate my strategy for complete amelioration of all things stinky. I deal with the diaper, gagging all the way mind you, drain the water from the tub and place the redheaded troublemaker in a matching diaper. I then proceed to untie all 12 ribbon ties on the bumper. I take off the sheet and mattress pad and wipe down each individual spindle of the crib. I thank God for hot running water, sanitary cycles on washers, and power- whether it is renewable or not.

I call my mom for a little restitution from her years as a parent. She seems vindicated.

I hang up the phone and deal with Mad's running nose. I congratulate myself for buying an extra box of Kleenex at Target yesterday and place it in her room. I go to change my snot and poop covered shirt and return to find half the Kleenex pulled out and scattered all over the floor.

I then check the clock and realize it is only 8:30. I punt on anything else productive being done today, and have given myself an hour of knitting therapy. I thank God, YET AGAIN, for Sesame Street.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wow, I hope that the knitting therapy helped the rest of your day run a little smoother and calmer! ;) Love those Mommy adventures!

Erin said...

These are the days that when your hubby asks how your day went, you say, "I'll think I'll have a glass of wine tonight at dinner."