Thank God Almighty we are home at last!
...and as soon as I can find my camera cord, pictures of the chaos will soon be uploaded.
Our closing went great and we are officially in house and out of the PODS. My mom and sister have been furiously cleaning the kitchen - having officially announced it DISGUSTING- not in a call in the Health department way, but in a "have they heard of a mop?" kind of way. You know the previous homeowner's had only a 1 month old, but somehow kindergarten papers were found in the back of a drawer. Seriously. I'm not going to even get into the rest of the house.
We are currently camping in the downstairs while we wait on the new carpet to be measured and installed upstairs. Our master suite is located in the dining room and the nursery in the living room. I wish I could put the world on pause while I eradicate cobwebs and their makers, paint the bedrooms, and redesign the bathrooms. But both money and time are at a premium, and as I remind myself moment by moment- this is the real world, darling!
I wish that I had bought gift cards to Lowe's, Home Depot, and Target while we were staying at my mom's. I have been to each of these four times in the last 48 hours and have dropped at least $100 each time. Buying gift cards would have lessened the impact to Visa, which has been all to cooperative. Why is shelf paper so expensive anyways??? Isn't it just paper? I recycle that stuff for free all the time!
All that to say, I am happy to have a home back, and I can already tell with some"hair and make-up" this will be a wonderful home for all of us. It just has a great vibe.
4 comments:
Can't wait to see it (chaos and all) and watch the amazing transformation that you create in it (as you are uber talented in that way) and so excited to be your working neighbor!
shelf paper??? ;)
YEAH!! Can't wait to see it. Lynn said it was very nice.
Congrats!!! So excited that you guys are at least in the new house! That is definitely something to celebrate! ;)
Most excellent! Seriously, I am free tomorrow p.m., Wed p.m. and Thurs p.m. (just me and Seth). Why don't you drop Maddie off for a few hours so ya'll can get some stuff done? We're just down the road - love it!
Post a Comment