amusing amusements

amusing amusements

13 April, 2009

Wrap for your Man



So a certain someone in this house turns 37 tomorrow; let's be clear, it's not me, and I am forever struggling with a gift and then the last obnoxious hurdle of "guy appropriate" wrapping paper. This year desperation led to a pretty spiffy solution. I had bought this canoe fabric several years ago with plans to create something for a friend's little boy (sorry Will). After perusing my stash of baby shower, wedding shower and altogether girly stripes and polka dots, I dove into my fabric bins. The best thing is that I have not altered the fabric one iota. Some creative fabric folds and scotch tape topped with a little twine, and there you have it! A birthday package fit for any dude's day. Maybe I'll really impress him with a sailor's knot.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I'm thankful he got someone who loves him so much she even wants him to have great wrapping paper for his birthday. What a Catch! We love you. the Davis'

DM said...

Are you going to tell that certain someone that it was originally purchased for a little boy? JK - Great idea. Please tell him Happy Bday and we will always be older than him (ugh)

Jane said...

it is much nicer wrapped then Chap's this year - i put his in one of my reusable bags from Trader Joe's. Gave it to him and then took my bag back.
Hope you guys had a happy bday! Eat Cake for me.