amusing amusements

amusing amusements

26 February, 2009

25 yards of tulle on the roll... 25 yards of tulle..


Cut some off and wrap it around, and


voila! A birthday tutu to be worn around.

I had seen several of these tutus for sale on Etsy recently, and wondered to myself if I could beat the $12 price tag. Um....yeah, how about $3? The elastic is recycled from my mom's sewing room, and the remaining ribbon will find new life on someone's lovely package, ...or an art project... or sewn on a pillow.... yea!. I found all the ribbon at Hobby Lobby for 50% off, and picked different widths and colors. At first I was concerned that the yellow would be too wide, but I think it adds to the whimsy. How wonderful. I'm especially thrilled to know it's not a one-time affair as it will soon be joined by other items in a dress up box.

Now if the birthday girl will just take her nap!!, I can go back to my regularly scheduled household chores.

1 comment:

Aimee D said...

I LOVE IT! Look at you little miss seamstress! :)